National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
How to Influence People
Get more buy-in with less stress and headaches!
Itís impossible to be successful without the help of others ó learn how to get them to buy in to your vision.
Your job requires you to influence people all the time. Whether itís getting buy-in from fellow employees, emphasizing priorities from other departments, or swaying your boss that your idea is the best one, you need to be able to persuade other people. Thatís why you canít afford to miss How to Influence People.
If youíre tired of fighting with your coworkers and want to start getting the support and results you need right away, then donít wait. Sign up right now ó a world of better results and relationships is waiting.
You know your work is important ó get others to see it too!
If you want to be effective at your job, if you want to get things done, then one of the most important skills you can have is the ability to influence others. But if youíre reading this, thereís a good chance youíre not a natural salesperson who can bend others to your way of thinking with skill and grace.
Donít worry, youíre not alone. Itís a difficult skill to master and one that very few people are born with. And thatís why weíve developed How to Influence People, a one-day course specifically designed to give you the tools you need to start bringing others around to your way of thinking.
Influence: The Basics
Developing a Strategy
- 5 universal principles of influence and how to use them
- Finding the right decision maker
- The importance of your leadership style on influencing others
- Tit-for-tat: why reciprocity on your part is important
Techniques to Influence Others
- The targetís personality and how it affects his or her decision making
- Finding the best approach for each individual
- Getting your way through diplomacy
- When to play hardball and when to take a softer approach
- Why itís important to do your homework before attempting to influence others
Influence and Personal Interactions
- Power, position, and status: three easy ways to influence
- How to get your way when you donít have authority
- Creating empathy to help others see your point of view
- The importance of listening skills in influence
Getting What You Want
- The role your personality has in getting your way
- Motivation tricks to help you generate goodwill
- Saying ďnoĒ the right way
- Using feedback to get the results you need
- Identifying the desires and needs of others
Appeals to Logic
- How to phrase a request for best results
- Listening to what people are really saying
- How to use emotions to your advantage
- Empowering others and making them feel valued
The Fundamentals of Bargaining
- Using civil discourse to your advantage
- Backing up your point of view with facts and data
- Identifying potential objections and heading them off
- What to do when people wonít listen to reason
Presenting Your Ideas for Maximum Impact
- Why you sometimes have to give something in return to get what you want
- Reciprocity: why being owed a favor is a good thing
- Finding a common ground when you seem to be at odds
- Knowing when to walk away
- Salesmanship that looks like leadership
- Framing your message delivery for maximum reception
- Evaluating the situation and recognizing when you should change your approach
- Making an impact: how a dramatic flourish or stunning visual can help your cause
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".