National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Leadership Excellence: Leading With Purpose, Principle & Passion
Will You Settle for Where You Are – Or Will You Reach for New Heights?
For just a moment, reflect on this: There’s who you are and who you’re capable of becoming. How wide is the gap between the two?
If that answer made you a little nervous, take heart. You see, for nearly everyone there’s a gap ... and often that gap is wide. It’s not that surprising when you stop to think about it. As a leader, your life is busy ... perhaps very busy. There are meetings to attend, projects to complete, people to direct, deadlines flying by here and there. Regardless of how much effort you put forth, there’s always something or someone who needs more from you. No one can rise to their best if they’re operating at that pace every day — no one!
If you want to achieve your very best, it’s absolutely VITAL to step back from time to time to reflect on where you are and where you’re going, and immerse yourself in a dynamic environment where you can learn from others. Luckily, we have a way for you to do just that!
REACH HIGHER — BECOME WHO YOU WERE MEANT TO BE!
Leadership Excellence: Leading With Purpose, Principle & Passion will be a game changer for you. Come expecting an exhilarating, eye-opening day of insightful discussions and interactive learning that’ll give you a rich new perspective on your role. We even have the authors of Triple Crown Leadership participating in this training so you can be assured the level of learning will be sky-high! We’ll cover important topics, such as:
So what do you say: Are you ready to answer the call of leadership excellence? Yes? Great! Start right now by reserving your seat in this seminar today!
- How top leaders lead themselves — and why that’s so important
- Why purpose, values, and mission drive everything
- The strengths and weaknesses of your current leadership style
- Staffing principles that ensure you hire people who fit
- How your personal values anchor your behavior as a leader
There is simply no better way to accelerate your growth as a leader than by attending this seminar.
Section One: “YOU” – The Leader
Section Two: Building the Team and Setting the Structure for Success
- Why leadership is not really about the power and position
- Defining your personal leadership mission and values
- Identify whether your personal values align with the organizational values and purpose/vision
- Understanding your natural leadership style – and when you must break out of it
- Establishing credibility: You lead by example, whether you intend to or not
- Self-mastery: defining your personal purpose and values
- Why character plays an important role in effective leadership
- What are your organization’s values (explicit or implicit)?
Section Three: Creating Exceptional Results
- Building an effective team – hiring people with the right attitude and cultural fit
- Establishing trust and respect
- Purpose statements: creating a common purpose for you and your team
- Winning hearts and minds … and why both matter!
- Special types of employees and situations that need TLC
- The keys to forming a team that exhibits tolerance, draws on team member strengths, and minimizes individual weaknesses
Section Four: Principles for Sustaining Lasting Leadership Success
- Leaders must achieve excellent results: How to take a good hard look at what must be done … and step up to do it
- When it’s time to challenge the status quo and break some rules
- How conflict avoidance sabotages results
- The need for “radical focus” in times of trouble, crisis, and change
- “No man is an island”: how to unleash potential and creativity hidden within others
- Collaboratively working with a set of shared values and goals
PRACTICAL APPLICATION DISCUSSIONS AND EXERCISES:
- Who’s in your tribe? The value of a small group of trusted advisers
- You can’t do it alone: If you’re not developing employees and colleagues into leaders, you’re not really a leader
- The leader as servant – and why it’s the most important role you play
- Career-maker or -breaker: what’s your skillimprovement and leadership development plan going forward?
- How to maintain your leadership edge
One of the extraordinary benefits of attending Leadership Excellence is that you get to participate in lively practical application discussions and exercises that will bring the concepts to life in real and meaningful ways. This ensures you can immediately apply the lessons learned when you’re back on the job.
The applications and exercises cover a wide range of issues, including:
Many of these exercises will be debriefed by Triple Crown Leadership authors Bob and Gregg Vanourek through engaging video presentations. The Vanoureks researched 61 organizations in 11 countries to unpack the practices of building excellent, ethical, and enduring organizations. This is truly a rare chance to learn from these highly acclaimed leadership experts.
- What to do when your values and your organization’s values are not in alignment
- Interviewing and hiring techniques that help you find the right character fit
- How to identify and articulate your core personal values – and why that matters
- Establishing credibility … and credibility busters you want to avoid
- When and how to flex between the soft and hard edges of leadership
- And more!
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".