National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Managing Under Pressure
How to establish top priorities, be an inspirational leader, and make tough decisions in times of change and intense pressure.
THIS may very well be the TOUGHEST work environment youíve ever faced.
Scary, isnít it? The fact that so much is on the line and youíre the one at the helm. All eyes are upon you. What you say Ö what you do ... in times of pressure could be the difference between team success and failure.
Talk about pressure!
In times like these, you canít wonder whether your skills will measure up. You canít hope that something will magically happen and youíll be back to smooth sailing. Surviving and thriving in times of intense pressure will be up to you!
You must prepare to adapt to the changing world around you and your organization.
This training gives you a map for navigating times of intense pressure successfully.
The leaders and organizations that successfully weather storms do so because theyíre prepared for them. Thatís why so many smart leaders are enrolling in Managing Under Pressure Ö itís the best, most cost-effective way to ensure youíre ready to overcome the challenges and seize the opportunities ahead of you.
When you attend Managing Under Pressure, youíll receive expert help from an expert trainer, who will teach you how to:
Youíre determined to succeed in the face of pressure. This training will GUARANTEE you do!
- Ignite new ideas for jump-starting lagging results and overcoming tremendous obstacles
- Calmly and coolly handle the heat thatís coming at you from above and below
- Become more resilient to change ... even if things get super-tough
An investment in yourself ... in building your skills ... will ALWAYS pay great returns. Even better, those skills stay with you a lifetime.
The invaluable skills and insights youíll gain at Managing Under Pressure will make you a stronger contributor to your organization ... and it assures a bright, long leadership career for you.
Make the one investment that is guaranteed to pay phenomenal returns for the rest of your life. ENROLL in this training TODAY.
What You'll Learn:
Sucessfully Managing Under Pressure: the Essentials
- Establish top priorities and abolish "business as usual" thinking that impedes results
- Minimize the damaging effects of stress and anxiety inherent in struggle and change
- Inspire your employees to be twice as effective as before
- Retain your best people ... and know for sure when you must eliminate weak links
- Calmly and coolly handle the heat that's coming at you from above and below
- Pinpoint hidden barriers to productivity and locate dangerous performance trouble spots
Priority Management and Contingency Planing
- Exude an aura of optimism ó and become a leader who people will follow even when the heatís on high
- Recognize the strengths and limitations of your unique leadership style
- Manage the emotional and intellectual challenges that exist under pressure
- Walk, talk, and breathe ethical behavior ó and expect the same of your employees
- When to break traditional management rules ó and why
Critical Thinking and Strategic Problem Solving
- How to prioritize your tasks ó when everything is URGENT
- Costly time-wasters in your day: how to eliminate them
- Systems that typically build, bend, or break under pressure
- Let it go: strategies for cutting loose from low priority tasks, activities, commitments, and obligations that bog you down
- How to avoid making mistakes when youíre under pressure
- Fallback formulas that anticipate human error and other glitches
- Using the CALM Method can help you end chaos
- Contingency planning: preparing for challenges you canít control and canít predict
Climate Control: Maintaining a Positive, Motivated Work Environment
- Explore the assumptions that impact your thinking and your teamís thinking
- Move from operational to strategic management
- Develop a flexible strategic plan to serve as a framework for business decisions
- Use critical thinking and decision-making techniques to set your business priorities
- How to turn your staffers into thinkers ... turn your thinkers into active decision makers and problem solvers
Job #1 for Every Leader: Employee Performance Management
- Effectively neutralize any "miscommunication" networks ó from grapevines to gossip mills
- Positively move employees from fear to commitment
- How to be demanding, without squashing morale
- Power strategies for combating attitude problems, negativity, and chronic complainers
- Create team pride, and develop team momentum and morale
- Open the communication pipeline and keep ideas flowing
Handling Stress When the Heatís on High
- 10 unforgivable mistakes managers make with problem employees ó and how to avoid them
- How to skillfully confront the serious performance problem
- When and how to "weed out" underperformers who have no hope of turning around soon
- Critical steps that can lessen employer firing risk
- How a termination interview should be conducted
- How to prepare for the typical reactions of terminated employees
- What to say to the rest of your staff when other employees are dismissed
- When everything is urgent ó how to keep from getting personally overwhelmed
- How to make sure youíre a calm, confident voice when employee anxiety is sky-high
- Self-talk for leaders facing intense pressure ó what you must tell yourself, and what you must never tell yourself
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".