National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
How to Successfully Make the Transition to Supervisor
Make sure that you're 100% ready to handle the unique challenges that come with making the jump from Staff to Supervisor
Successful supervision is all about preparation – this training will make sure you’re ready!
Management is not an easy job, especially when you’re new. Whereas before you only had yourself to worry about, now you’re responsible for leading a team. And this includes lots of responsibilities and expectations that you may not be prepared to deal with.
But don’t worry, we’re here to help! Featuring the proven skills and expert strategies you need, How to Successfully Make the Transition to Supervisor will help you tackle any issue you’re faced with, from communication nightmares to motivation strategies.
Master the fundamentals of supervision in just one day!
You’ve got a job to do, so you don’t have time to waste on training that may or may not be helpful. And that’s exactly why we created How to Successfully Make the Transition to Supervisor.
Sign up for this fun and fast-paced one-day seminar and you’ll learn to successfully navigate the world of management, while avoiding pitfalls and capitalizing on your strengths. Designed with you in mind, this training contains all the information you need to make the jump from employee to manager smooth and effective.
Get all the skills you need to be a master supervisor from day one!
- Communication strategies to keep things flowing smoothly
- Avoiding the most common mistakes of new supervisors
- Managing former coworkers the right way
- Motivation techniques that really work
- Resolving conflicts to keep everyone satisfied
- Much more!
By knowing what’s expected of you and using successful supervision strategies, you’ll get everything you need to be as successful at your new position as you were at your last. If you’re new to management, or even the slightest bit uncomfortable supervising former peers, then this is one training you can’t afford to miss. What are you waiting for? Sign up now!
Your new role
Leading with skill and poise
- Adapting to your new position and added responsibilities
- The boss-employee dynamic and how it affects you
- 5 common mistakes new supervisors make
- Building trust and respect
- Finding your personal leadership style
- Eliminating roadblocks to your success
Communicating for maximum effect
- Establishing your authority without appearing “bossy”
- Managing your time and priorities effectively
- Keeping your cool when things go haywire
- How to effectively delegate responsibilities
- Conflict resolution that will leave all parties satisfied
Dealing with former peers
- Supervisor talk: the keys to successful communication
- Gathering and giving effective feedback
- Communicating up and down the job ladder
- Nonverbal communication and how to ensure you’re sending the message you intended
- Resolving communication barriers and problems
Expert motivation techniques
- Simple strategies to deal with ill will from your promotion
- Using personal relationships for your gain: a how-to
- Managing friends and close associates
- Dealing with criticism from your team
- Encouraging frank discussion with your former peers
- Disciplining problem employees
- The right way to manage employees who are older than you
Master management problem solving
- Giving feedback the right way, without hurting feelings
- Vital listening skills that will make your job easier
- Setting a good example to get the most from your team
- Identifying and motivating chronic underachievers
- Using the right motivational technique for each situation
- Common management problems and their causes
- Identifying issues before they arise
- Determining the impact of solutions on your team
- Strategies for making tough and unpopular decisions
Keeping your cool when dealing with problems
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".