National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Keys to Effectively Supervising People
Schedule and Online Registration
Introducing an intensive day of training that delivers the solid success skills you need to get exceptional results supervising people ...
Master the solid supervisory skills you need to be more effective — and get incredible results!
Building your supervisory skills by trial and error is a frustrating, time-consuming way to learn how to be a better manager. "Winging it" is extremely risky, because mistakes you can easily make along the way could cost you your career in management. When you attend Keys to Effectively Supervising People, you’ll be immersed in the "must-have" supervisory techniques, tools and solutions you need to be a more effective supervisor. The rock-solid skills you’ll learn will make a tremendous impact on your success as a manager — today and throughout your career.
Get Solutions for Today’s Most Common Supervisory Challenges
You’ll learn to …
Gain solid skills that’ll boost your effectiveness immediately
- Turn around problem employees and underachievers
- Develop a high-performance team that will go to the wall for you
- Boost personal productivity sky-high by eliminating costly time-wasters in your day
- Motivate your people to work harder, faster and more efficiently
- Become a more confident leader who is positioned for success
You’ll spend an intensive training day focused on mastering crucial supervisory skills — the most important of the most important. You’ll gain incredible insights, stretch the way you think about supervision and leave permanently changed. Armed with the powerful skills you’ll learn, you’ll give stronger feedback, solve "people problems" quickly, give clear directions, motivate employees to give their all and lead an enthusiastic team of achievers who are willing to follow you anywhere.
Don’t wait any longer to enjoy the supervisory success and respect you deserve.
Keys to Effectively Supervising People will benefit you, your team and your entire organization — not to mention what it will do for your career in the long run. Why risk "winging it" when you can get the crucial skills you need to be a more effective, more successful leader in just one day of training?
What You'll Learn:
- Empower team members to stop bringing you problems — and start bringing you solutions.
- Adopt the "success habits" of top leaders and becom emore effective overnight
- Deal proactively with complainers, bad attitudes, know-it-alls and other problem employees and save yourself time and grief.
- Use active listening techniques to dramatically improve your communication effectiveness.
- Implement motivation strategies proven to increase employee productivity and efficiency.
- Establish your credibility as a leader — and earn the respect you deserve.
- Give crystal clear directions and avoid costly mistake sand misunderstandings.
- Recognize key legal considerations of firing an employee — and sidestep costly lawsuits.
- Save tons of time through the effective use of voice mail, e-mail and fax.
- Delegate the right tasks to employees for a huge boost in your personal productivity.
- Use a step-by-step method to give productive feedback that results in positive behavior change.
- Develop mutual respect and trust with your employees for a more positive work climate.
- Increase your visibility in your organization and get credit for the hard work you do.
- Speak more powerfully and confidently in meetings and watch your influence grow.
- Confront rule-breakers in a productive way for a positive outcome instead of a nasty scene.
- Use savvy interviewing techniques to find winning employees for your team.
- Focus your efforts on that which makes the greatest impact and get more done each day.
- Connect with employees with specific communication techniques and build stronger relationships.
- Give sincere praise to employees on the spot and see morale improve dramatically.
- Establish a career plan that will turn your professional dreams into reality.
Essential Leadership Skills That Boost Managerial Effectiveness
Communication Techniques Every Supervisor Should Know
- "Success habits" top leaders have adopted into their routine
- Recognizing emotional requirements of being a successful supervisor
- How to build on leadership strengths you’ve identified — and shore up weaknesses
- Common leadership mistakes supervisors make and how to avoid them
- Are you everyone’s buddy? How to maintain the right amount of distance between you and your employees
Turning Problem Employees and Underachievers Into Positive Contributors
- Communication skills that help you "connect" with employees
- Your role in keeping the lines of communication open at all times
- Active listening techniques guaranteed to drastically improve communication effectiveness
- Words and phrases that can destroy your credibility and authority — and what to say instead
- How to give crystal clear directions employees will understand the first time
- Pointers for speaking more powerfully and confidently in meetings
Proven Strategies for Building a High-Performance Team
- 9 ways to eliminate unsatisfactory behavior
- Techniques for dealing proactively with specific problem employees: Complainers, know-it-alls, bad attitudes, excuse-makers, gossips and others
- Should you intervene when coworkers bicker or have personality clashes, and if so how?
- Dealing with the work effects of an employee’s personal problems
- How-to’s for a professional, productive employee confrontation
- Steps for using progressive discipline — and how to document your actions
- When firing seems imminent: Key legal considerations you MUST understand
Managing Projects, Priorities and Your Time for Greatest Productivity
- Recognizing the crucial role you play in driving your team’s effectiveness
- The 10 ingredients that MUST be present in successful teams
- Empowering team members to bring you solutions instead of problems
- How to put the power of diversity to work and build a collaborative team celebrating individuality
- How to keep your team charged up under pressure, in crisis and through change
- Interviewing techniques that help you find winning employees for your team
Motivating Your Staff to Peak Achievement and Creating a Positive Work Climate
- Costly time-wasters in your day: Identifying and eliminating them
- Tips for saving tons of time using voice mail, e-mail and fax
- What are the keys to getting results? Focusing your efforts on that which has the greatest impact
- Prioritizing techniques that save the day when everything on your desk is "urgent"
- A “process map” that helps you eliminate unnecessary steps and repetitive actions
- Guidelines for tracking projects so nothing falls through the cracks
Supervisory Payoffs: How to Guarantee Your Career Success From Now On
- Understanding what motivates today’s workers: The answers may surprise you
- The power of sincere praise to motivate employees — and an easy format for giving it on the spot
- Proven motivational strategies top managers use to get people to work harder, faster and more efficiently
- Mutual respect and trust: Building the two key elements for a positive work environment
- Top 10 morale-busting management mistakes that lead to a negative climate and how to avoid them
- How’s YOUR attitude? Recognizing how deeply your mood and behavior influence your employees
- How to avoid employee burnout — and replace it with motivation and enthusiasm
- Building your power base using the 7 classic principles of influence
- Tips for increasing your visibility and getting recognition for your contributions
- Traits top management look for when deciding whom to promote
- Dodging the pitfalls of stress and burnout
- Where do you want to be in a year? In 5 years? How to establish a career plan
- Fine-tuning your skills: Why continuous learning is crucial to your ongoing supervisory success
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location & complete form below. Then, click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".