National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
How to Work With Difficult, Demanding, and Inconsiderate People
Take control of your work environment. Learn how to work with tough people who keep you from doing your job.
You donít have to lose sleep over difficult people anymore.
You know them all too well ó the people who get your blood boiling and your heart pounding. Youíd hide from the drama and frustration they bring to your day, but you need them to get your job done. Put away your sunglasses and turn your phone back on. Help is finally here.
Youíre a reasonable person ó a team player ... polite ... professional ó and you work hard. Doesnít everyone? You know the answer ó NO. Difficult, hard, impossible people are all around you. Sometimes it seems like itís their personal mission to ruin your day.
But what can you do? Stoop to their level? Tell your boss? Youíre above all that so you just deal with it ... or avoid it ... or sometimes fight back only to regret your own behavior for days on end. Letís face it. Thatís no way to work and no way to live.
The bottom line is this: Your hands are tied. You do have to work with difficult people, and the wear and tear it can cause in your life can be crippling to your job, your success, and your emotional well-being. You need help and you need it now.
Get the solutions you need to take control of difficult people and tough situations.
How to Work With Difficult, Demanding and Inconsiderate People is an all inclusive vacation from stress overload. In just one peaceful day, youíll learn what it takes to immediately defuse angry coworkers ... how to keep your own emotions in check ... and best of all, how to prepare for situations you know are going to be hard. Packed with real-world tips and tricks, youíll learn firsthand how to handle the worst of the worst in any situation.
Donít wait until youíre at the end of your rope ó get help now.
Letís face it: Difficult people arenít going away and they arenít changing. More often than not, they donít even think thereís a problem ó much less that they could be contributing to it. Itís simply up to you to get the solutions you need to make a positive, lasting difference in your life. You have to take control of the situation if you want results. Let us show you how at this breakthrough workshop.
What You'll Learn:
Uncover strategies for handling people who are:
You'll get breakthrough solutions for opening the lines of communication ... for handling your own emotions ... for getting cooperation and more. But you have to enroll to get them.
- Never at fault
Understanding Difficult People: Whatís Their Motivation?
Taking Control of Conflict, Criticism, and Angry People
- Take the exclusive SELF Profile and learn about the most common types of difficult people
- Learn what makes difficult people tick and strategies for working with each type
- Understanding the consequences of not dealing with these tough people
- Learn about your own personality type and how that impacts your relationship with others
- Could you be part of the problem? How to tell ...
- From sabotage to gossip: learn how to counteract typical weapons difficult people use
- Could you have an age or cultural misunderstanding? Tips on working with diverse people and multi-generations
Handling Tough Situations & Other Difficult Encounters
- Secrets for permanently resolving any conflict
- Red flags that show you have an explosive situation on your hands (and what to do about it)
- How to deliver feedback and criticism with tact and finesse
- Calming techniques that immediately soothe irate, angry people
Communication Skills: Your Keys for Handling Tough Coworkers
- How to neutralize your own emotions after a surprisingly tough encounter
- The secret to mental pep talks: preparing to work with someone difficult
- Tactfully handling show-offs, know-it-alls, and more in meetings and other group events
- What to do when youíre put down or criticized in front of others
- Situations when you should AND shouldnít speak up
How to Build Trust and Understanding With People You Find Difficult
- 5 myths you must know when it comes to communicating with difficult people
- Phrases you should avoid ó if you want to keep the peace
- ďWhat to say whenĒ: scripts for helping you talk to difficult people ó in a variety of situations
- How to deal verbally with the backstabbing, manipulative, aggressive tactics of others
- How to use active listening to your advantage
Managing Your Own Emotions Under Pressure
- 5 ways to build alliances with other people, teams, and departments
- How to get credit for your contributions
- Tips on letting go of past grievances so you can forge ahead
- How to give solid direction and feedback to difficult people
- Tips for staying cool so you wonít say things you have to apologize for later
- 3 questions you should ask yourself about a potential confrontational situation
- Canít seem to get through? How to keep your cool and stay on track
- 5 ways to conquer the strongest resistance in others
- Coping strategies for the situations and people you just canít avoid or fix
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".