American Management Association Seminars
Select date/location & complete form below. Then, click on 'Send'
National Accounts Management
Seminar No: 05206 -XNBB
CEU Credits: 1.8
Length: 3 days
Develop the strategy necessary for the success of your major accounts..
To successfully manage a national accounts program, you must work closely with two distinct organizations: Yours and your client's. Now learn how to provide exactly what your best customers and prospects are looking for...structure a national accounts program with full accountability and support...realize maximum dollar potential...and avoid common account management hazards.
Major/national account managers, vice presidents of sales and marketing and general sales managers.
How You Will Benefit:
- Gain market share by competing more effectively for profitable national accounts
- Increase sales by seeking out and exploiting new business opportunities
- Improve profits by strategically allocating resources
- Set goals and objectives for ROI sales/profits
- Gain marketing support for your sales force
- Minimize conflicts within your team
- Acquire top management's support
What You Will Cover:
- Why develop a national accounts program?
- Improving volume and profits by utilizing your workforce to the fullest
- Value-added, account-share and team strategies
- Criteria for national account status
- Developing the supplier/national account communications and management network
- The role of the national account manager
- Profit improvement strategies
- The national account team and compensation
Extended/Detailed Seminar Outline
The Past and Present of National Accounts Management Programs
- Gain Market Share By Competing More Effectively for Profitable National Accounts
- Increase Sales By Seeking Out and Exploiting New Business Opportunities
- Improve Profits By Strategically Allocating Resources
- Set Goals and Objectives for ROI Sales/Profits
- Gain Marketing Support for Your Sales Force
- Minimize Conflicts Within Your Team
- Acquire Top Management Support
Establishing NAM Criteria
- Use the Vocabulary of the Field
- Recognize, in a Historical Context, Why National Account Management (NAM) Programs Exist Today, and What the Current Imperatives Imply about Their Future
- Clarify the Differences in Programs-National vs. Strategic vs. Key
- Understand the Important Benefits of Creating a National Account Management (NAM) Program
Structuring the NAM Program for Success
- Understand Why Selecting Criteria Matters to the Success of Your NAM Program
- Identify the Criteria That Are Appropriate for Your NAM Program
- Ensure That the Requisite Resources Are Available and That the Corporate Culture Will Support Your NAM Program
- Differentiate Yourself by Selecting NAM Program Criteria That Help Create a Barrier to Competition
Selecting the National Account Manager
- Understand Options about How NAM Programs Can Be Structured
- Evaluate Which NAM Program Structure Is Right for Your Company and Customers
- Know When NAM Programs Should Be Isolated as a Separate Organization
Building the National Account Team
- Understand the Qualities That Lead to Success as a National Account Manager
- Write a Job Description That Targets Candidates with the Qualities They Need to Thrive as a National Account Manager
- Identify the Challenges That a National Account Manager Is Likely to Face
Bringing Together the Power of Your Full Organization
- Identify What Capabilities You Need So You're Able to Select the Most Appropriate Team Members
- Consider Ways of Capitalizing on Your Company’s Advantages to Increase Revenue and to Block Competition
- Follow a Methodical Analytical Process to Discover Potential, Untapped Opportunities
Developing a Communications Plan
- Identify Stakeholders within Your Company, within Your Buying Organizations, and in Other Arenas
- Discover Stakeholders' Needs and Wants, and Understand How Knowing Those Needs and Wants Contributes to the NAM Team’s Success
- Track Your NAM Team’s Contributions to Other Departmental Efforts
How Do We Measure Success?
- Understand the Importance Communication Plays in Your NAM Program’s Success
- Assess NAM Program Communication Options, and Determine Which Communication Option Is Most Suitable for Each Stakeholder
- Ensure Responsibility and Accountability for Effective Communications
What Do We Do When It Doesn't Work?
- Create a Customer Satisfaction Survey That Accurately Measures NAM Program Success
- Use Milestones to Alert You to Potential Problems in Achieving NAM Program Goals
- Consider Measuring Alternatives to Ensure the NAM Effort Is Evaluated Fairly
Growing with the Customer
- Use a Four-Step Process to Analyze Why a NAM Program Isn't Working
- Assess Why Gaps in Performance Might Be Occurring, and Develop Strategies to Address the Challenges
- Know How Best to de-NAM an Under-Performing Account
Developing a National Account Management Strategic Plan
- Practice Four Ways to Grow Your NAM Business, and Take Advantage of the Opportunities
- Understand the Different Approaches to International Expansion
- Know Some of the Special Requirements of Establishing a Global Account Management (GAM) Program
- Decide Whether Appointing a Headquarters-Based Manager to Represent the GAM Team Makes Sense
- Understand the Importance of Developing a Strategic Plan
- Know the Components of a Clear, Measurable Strategic Plan
- Create, Present and Defend a Strategic Plan to a Prospective NAM Account
Start and End times: first day - 8:30am-5pm, all other days 9am-5pm unless otherwise specified. Your registration confirmation notice will confirm the hotel/conference center for the seminar for which you registered. The information included on this page is all the information available on this seminar. Please use form below to register only. To request information that is not included above please send an email to
. Remember to specify the complete seminar number about which you are requesting information.
For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Online Registration & Fee Information ** Please use form below to register only. To request information that is not included above please send an email to
. Remember to specify the complete seminar number about which you are requesting information.
After submitting your online registration you will receive registration confirmation and invoice within 7-10 business days. You may pay by credit card or check. Confirmation information will also include location and other pertinent course information.
Always state priority code XNBB to your customer service representative when registering directly by phone.
Note: Prices are subject to change without notice. To confirm the price of your session, select the session above and click “Send”. Discounts apply for groups of three or more people. Call for details. Federal government employees are eligible for special GSA pricing for many seminars.
AMA's main conference centers
Seminars scheduled for the cities below are held at the locations listed below. For location information for other cities in which AMA seminars are held please call or email for information.
AMA executive Conference Center
1601 Broadway New York, NY 10019
American Management Association (Located in the same building as the Crowne Plaza Hotel) 1601 Broadway On Broadway and 48th Street near Times Square. Entrance is on 48th Street.
AMA executive Conference Center (adjacent to the Marroitt O'Hare)
8655 west higgins rd
Chicago, IL 60631
AMA executive Conference Center is located in San Francisco Marriott Hotel
55 Fourth Street 2nd Level
San Francisco, CA 94103
AMA Executive Conference Center
Address: 1170 Peachtree Street Ne Cnr Peachtree & 14th (3rd Flr)
City, State, Zip: Atlanta, GA 30309
2345 Crystal Drive, Suite 200
Arlington, VA 22202
If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a seminar you can contact AMA in advance to transfer to a future session, or you can send someone to take your place. If you need to cancel your attendance, AMA will give you a complete refund if you cancel more than three weeks before your seminar begins. To cancel, simply email us at
. If you cancel with less than three weeks’ advance notice, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee. Once your payment has been received, you may request a courtesy transfer to use at any future AMA seminar of equal or lesser length. The courtesy transfer must be used within one year of the date of your originally scheduled seminar. In fairness to all attendees, if you do not attend a seminar session for which you are confirmed and do not contact AMA to cancel in advance, you will be charged the entire seminar fee.
AMA grants courtesy transfers to people who cannot attend their scheduled sessions. You can use a courtesy transfer for any seminar of equal or lesser length than the original seminar. You must use your courtesy transfer within one year of the date of your originally scheduled seminar.
AMA guarantees the quality of our seminars. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a seminar for which you have paid, AMA will give you credit toward another seminar of comparable price or will refund your fee.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.