American Management Association Seminars
Select date/location & complete form below. Then, click on 'Send'
Time & Territory Management For Salespeople
Seminar No: 05289 -XNBB
CEU Credits: 1.2
Length: 2 days
If you are a salesperson, time is literally money to you!
Time is a salesperson's most valuable asset. Lost hours mean lost sales—and lower earnings. Poor territory management leads to missed opportunities and meager results. To survive in today's fiercely competitive marketplace you need the best productivity training you can get! Here's where you'll train to make the most productive use of your time, learn you how to mine your territory for maximum gain. This high-powered two-day seminar will help you identify—and overcome—barriers to effective time and territory management. You'll learn proven time management skills and approaches. Plus, you'll develop a strategy for determining how much time, energy, and resources you need to give to each type of customer to achieve the most efficient territory coverage.
Sales representatives, account executives, sales managers and all sales staff with customer or field responsibilities.
How You Will Benefit:
- Stretch your selling day and spend more time with your customers
- Plan effectively and avoid losing sales to better organized competitors.
- Accomplish more with innovative time and territory management techniques
- Set goals and priorities to maximize your selling effectiveness
- Increase selling time by minimizing distractions and procrastination
- Improve contact with key prospects and accounts
- Make more productive use of travel time
- Strike a balance between personal and professional goals
- Control your territory with strategies that help you value accounts, target prime prospects, penetrate accounts, maximize coverage
- Leverage PC and Internet technology by learning how to select and use the latest contact management, database, and presentation software
- Raise your overall visibility in the territory
What You Will Cover:
- How goals, attitudes, and organizational skills impact time and territory management
- Setting and working with goals and quotas
- Strategies for maximizing available resources and peak performance hours
- Developing and evaluating a territory strategy
- Understanding your region, geography, and account base
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Using sales force automation systems for increased productivity
Extended/Detailed Seminar Outline
Understanding Time and Territory Management
- Stretch Your Selling Day and Spend More Time with Your Customers
- Plan Effectively and Avoid Losing Sales to Better Organized Competitors
- Sell More, Earn More, Accomplish More with Innovative Time and Territory Management Techniques
- Set Goals and Priorities to Maximize Your Selling Effectiveness
- Increase Selling Time by Minimizing Distractions and Procrastination
- Maintain Contact with Key Prospects and Accounts
- Make More Productive Use of Travel Time
- Strike a Balance between Personal and Professional Goals
- Develop Strategies That Help You Value Accounts, Target Prime Prospects, Penetrate Accounts and Maximize Coverage
- Leverage PC and Internet Technology by Learning How to Select and Use the Latest Contact Management, Database, and Presentation Software
- Raise Your Visibility in Your Territory
Skills and Techniques (Part 1): Managing Your Territory
- Understand Your Time and Territory Management Strengths and Weaknesses
- Recognize the Challenges to Time Management Practices
- Recognize the Obstacles to Territory Management
- Realize the Benefits of Effective Time and Territory Management
Skills and Techniques (Part 2): Managing Your Time
- Develop a Prospect Profile
- Identify Which Prospecting Activities Are Best for Your Business
- Understand the Key Steps in Your Sales Cycle and Where Your Prospects Are in the Process
- Assign Account Priorities According to Opportunity and Probability
- Establish a Target Account Plan That Prioritizes Your Opportunities
- Determine How You Spend Your Time
- Understand the Steps to Improved Time Management
- Measure and Analyze Your Daily Activities
- Recognize Which Activities Contribute to Your Goals and Which Should Be Avoided
- Identify Activities That Can Be Delegated
- Understand How to Set Goals and Objectives
- Assign Priorities to Your Activities
- Apply Your Productivity to Your Work Schedule
- Plan Your Day to Accomplish What’s Important
- Make a "To-Do" List That Is Logical and Productive
"Time Burglars" and "Territory Bandits"
- Identify Ways To:
- Improve the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Your Electronic Communication
- Organize and Simplify Your Paperwork
- Make Your Customer Relationship Management System Work for You
- Avoid Information Overload
Controlling Stress and Creating Balance
- Identify the Causes of Time and Territory Management Problems and Develop Solutions to Solve Them. These Problems Include:
- Poor Communication
- Inadequate Planning
- Distractions and Delays
- Inability to Say "No"
- Ineffective Delegation
- Fire Fighting
- Develop a Personal Plan to Overcome Time and Territory Management Obstacles
Putting It All Together
- Recognize the Common Causes of Stress
- Control and Reduce Stress
- Identify Concerns and Eliminate Worries
- Clarify Your Personal Priorities
- Organize Your Life
- Establish a Personal Life Management Plan
Start and End times: first day - 8:30am-5pm, all other days 9am-5pm unless otherwise specified. Your registration confirmation notice will confirm the hotel/conference center for the seminar for which you registered. The information included on this page is all the information available on this seminar. Please use form below to register only. To request information that is not included above please send an email to
. Remember to specify the complete seminar number about which you are requesting information.
For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Online Registration & Fee Information ** Please use form below to register only. To request information that is not included above please send an email to
. Remember to specify the complete seminar number about which you are requesting information.
After submitting your online registration you will receive registration confirmation and invoice within 7-10 business days. You may pay by credit card or check. Confirmation information will also include location and other pertinent course information.
Always state priority code XNBB to your customer service representative when registering directly by phone.
Note: Prices are subject to change without notice. To confirm the price of your session, select the session above and click “Send”. Discounts apply for groups of three or more people. Call for details. Federal government employees are eligible for special GSA pricing for many seminars.
AMA's main conference centers
Seminars scheduled for the cities below are held at the locations listed below. For location information for other cities in which AMA seminars are held please call or email for information.
AMA executive Conference Center
1601 Broadway New York, NY 10019
American Management Association (Located in the same building as the Crowne Plaza Hotel) 1601 Broadway On Broadway and 48th Street near Times Square. Entrance is on 48th Street.
AMA executive Conference Center (adjacent to the Marroitt O'Hare)
8655 west higgins rd
Chicago, IL 60631
AMA executive Conference Center is located in San Francisco Marriott Hotel
55 Fourth Street 2nd Level
San Francisco, CA 94103
AMA Executive Conference Center
Address: 1170 Peachtree Street Ne Cnr Peachtree & 14th (3rd Flr)
City, State, Zip: Atlanta, GA 30309
2345 Crystal Drive, Suite 200
Arlington, VA 22202
If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a seminar you can contact AMA in advance to transfer to a future session, or you can send someone to take your place. If you need to cancel your attendance, AMA will give you a complete refund if you cancel more than three weeks before your seminar begins. To cancel, simply email us at
. If you cancel with less than three weeks’ advance notice, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee. Once your payment has been received, you may request a courtesy transfer to use at any future AMA seminar of equal or lesser length. The courtesy transfer must be used within one year of the date of your originally scheduled seminar. In fairness to all attendees, if you do not attend a seminar session for which you are confirmed and do not contact AMA to cancel in advance, you will be charged the entire seminar fee.
AMA grants courtesy transfers to people who cannot attend their scheduled sessions. You can use a courtesy transfer for any seminar of equal or lesser length than the original seminar. You must use your courtesy transfer within one year of the date of your originally scheduled seminar.
AMA guarantees the quality of our seminars. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a seminar for which you have paid, AMA will give you credit toward another seminar of comparable price or will refund your fee.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.