American Management Association Seminars
Select date/location & complete form below. Then, click on 'Send'
Marketing for Service-Driven Organizations
Seminar No: 05295 -XNBB
CEU Credits: 1.8
Length: 2 days
Learn new marketing skills to achieve greater customer satisfaction and profitability.
You’ll learn how to exploit service-specific attributes...develop marketing plans that integrate critical success factors like people, processes, productivity and physical evidence in addition to the traditional 4Ps...and explore quality, service design, customer loyalty and management issues.
Note: This course will benefit both traditional service providers, as well as those with a combination of goods and services. A grounding in the fundamentals of marketing is strongly recommended.
Who Should Attend
Marketing vice presidents, directors and managers, marketing representatives, service operation managers, business developers in the service industry and managers of advertising, promotions and customer service. A grounding in the fundamentals of marketing is strongly recommended.
How You Will Benefit
What You Will Cover
- Better understand and affect service customer behavior
- Create marketing messages that effectively highlight service quality dimensions that consumers value
- Achieve loyalty through greater attention to customer feelings in service encounters
- Develop innovative and profitable loyalty programs
- Benefit from yield management and capacity utilization techniques
- Manage and motivate service marketers for maximum customer and employee satisfaction
- Learn how to interpret customer satisfaction measures
- Successfully recover and learn from service failures
- The service marketer vs. the traditional product marketer: how their roles differ
- Strategies for accelerating business growth
- Strategies for increasing customers: segmentation, targeting, positioning
- Understanding consumer behavior in the service setting
- The design of the service setting: why process is critical to maximizing efficiency and satisfaction
- Customer loyalty programs
- Delivering high-quality service: a requirement of services marketing
Extended Seminar Description:
How Marketing Services Differs from All Other Marketing Challenges
- Understand How Your Marketing Challenges Differ from Those Faced by Non-Service-Driven Organizations
- Establish or Update Your Marketing Plan, Using Integrated Marketing Strategies, Ensure That It’s Harmonious with Your Organization’s Overall Business Plan, and Confirm That It Reflects Your Organization’s Mission
- Oversee Comprehensive Promotional Plans—Even with a Limited Budget
- Prove the Value of Your Initiatives with Reliable Metrics and Assessments
- Apply the Principles of Branding and Differentiation to Set Marketing Strategies That Work
- Use Innovative Tactics to Implement New Technology and Capitalize on Global Opportunities to Generate Bottomline Results
Segmentation Strategy: Know Your Customers
- Discuss Important Terminology to Ensure the Use of the Same Words in the Same Way
- Examine the 4 Ps of Traditional Marketing and See How They Apply to Marketing Services
- Analyze Several Additional Considerations and Highlight Key Differences between Marketing Services and Marketing Products
Making the Business Case: How to Make Smart Decisions
- Define Key Customer and Prospect Customer and Prospect Terminology
- Consider How Personality Affects Decision Making
- Look at Buying Behavior Over Product/s and Service/s Life Cycles
Making the Intangible Real
- Discuss the Macro Concept of Making the Business Case
- Discuss Key Decision-Making Metrics (Micro) of Break-Even Analysis and Return-on-Investment
- Consider How to Use Both Tools in Conditions of Uncertainty or Ambiguity
Distribution Strategy as It Applies to Marketing Service-Driven Organizations
- Look at Ways to Help Buyers Understand the Services—to Take What Is, by Definition Intangible, and Make It Real
- Look at Strategies to Augment the Products and/or Services to Add Value
- Discuss Tools and Models to Help You Make Intangibles Concrete, Perform a Benefit Analysis, Create Loyalty Programs, and Consider Additional Augmentation Strategies
Charging for Your Services
- Discuss How to Get Products and Services Delivered to Customers Efficiently
- Examine Difficulties Common to Distributing Services and Compare Solutions
- Look at the Three Alternative Systems of Distribution and Consider Which Approach Is Appropriate under Which Circumstances
- Review the Importance of Carefully Monitoring and Controlling the Service Encounter—All Aspects of Your Customers' In-Person Purchasing Experience
Getting the Word Out
- Discuss the Challenges Associated with Setting Prices for Services
- Consider Cost-Plus and Market-Driven Strategies
- Consider Some Variations and Subsets Such as Auctions and Regulatory Prices
- Discuss a New Strategy Called Revenue Management, and See Whether Adopting Its Principles Is Right for Your Organization
Putting It All Together
- Discuss Promotional Strategies Proven to Boost Sales and Profits When Used by Service-Driven Organizations
- Consider Variables That Impact Success, Such as Creating a Proper Image
- Discuss Tactics for Getting Your Material Read, Seen, or Listened to, and Strategies to Increase Response
- Analyze Common, but Complex, Business Dilemmas: How Can You Best Distribute Limited Supply with Increasing Demand, and the Opposite—How Can You Best Satisfy Limited Demand with Excess Inventory?
- What Marketing Strategies Should You Employ to Maximize Profits While Creating Barriers to Competition in Each Situation?
- Discover Strategies for Boosting Revenue, Controlling Expenses, and Protecting Your Market Position by Employing Smart Marketing Tactics
Start and End times: first day - 8:30am-5pm, all other days 9am-5pm unless otherwise specified. Your registration confirmation notice will confirm the hotel/conference center for the seminar for which you registered. The information included on this page is all the information available on this seminar. Please use form below to register only. To request information that is not included above please send an email to
. Remember to specify the complete seminar number about which you are requesting information.
For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Online Registration & Fee Information ** Please use form below to register only. To request information that is not included above please send an email to
. Remember to specify the complete seminar number about which you are requesting information.
After submitting your online registration you will receive registration confirmation and invoice within 7-10 business days. You may pay by credit card or check. Confirmation information will also include location and other pertinent course information.
Always state priority code XNBB to your customer service representative when registering directly by phone.
Note: Prices are subject to change without notice. To confirm the price of your session, select the session above and click “Send”. Discounts apply for groups of three or more people. Call for details. Federal government employees are eligible for special GSA pricing for many seminars.
AMA's main conference centers
Seminars scheduled for the cities below are held at the locations listed below. For location information for other cities in which AMA seminars are held please call or email for information.
AMA executive Conference Center
1601 Broadway New York, NY 10019
American Management Association (Located in the same building as the Crowne Plaza Hotel) 1601 Broadway On Broadway and 48th Street near Times Square. Entrance is on 48th Street.
AMA executive Conference Center (adjacent to the Marroitt O'Hare)
8655 west higgins rd
Chicago, IL 60631
AMA executive Conference Center is located in San Francisco Marriott Hotel
55 Fourth Street 2nd Level
San Francisco, CA 94103
AMA Executive Conference Center
Address: 1170 Peachtree Street Ne Cnr Peachtree & 14th (3rd Flr)
City, State, Zip: Atlanta, GA 30309
2345 Crystal Drive, Suite 200
Arlington, VA 22202
If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a seminar you can contact AMA in advance to transfer to a future session, or you can send someone to take your place. If you need to cancel your attendance, AMA will give you a complete refund if you cancel more than three weeks before your seminar begins. To cancel, simply email us at
. If you cancel with less than three weeks’ advance notice, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee. Once your payment has been received, you may request a courtesy transfer to use at any future AMA seminar of equal or lesser length. The courtesy transfer must be used within one year of the date of your originally scheduled seminar. In fairness to all attendees, if you do not attend a seminar session for which you are confirmed and do not contact AMA to cancel in advance, you will be charged the entire seminar fee.
AMA grants courtesy transfers to people who cannot attend their scheduled sessions. You can use a courtesy transfer for any seminar of equal or lesser length than the original seminar. You must use your courtesy transfer within one year of the date of your originally scheduled seminar.
AMA guarantees the quality of our seminars. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a seminar for which you have paid, AMA will give you credit toward another seminar of comparable price or will refund your fee.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.