American Management Association Seminars
Select date/location & complete form below. Then, click on 'Send'
Selling To Senior Executives
Seminar No: 05528 -XNBB
CEU Credits: 1.2
Length: 2 days
Whether the economy is prospering, or in recession, your sales career can always flourish by focusing on top-down selling.
Learn how gaining access to--and forging long-term relationships with--the top decision makers helps you save valuable time, shorten your sales cycle, generate bigger revenues and ensure future business. This seminar gives you a thorough understanding of the executive perspective and a whole new strategic and tactical approach to help you sell successfully to presidents, CEOs, COOs, CFOs and other executives.
Senior account executives and sales representatives, senior account managers, sales managers, vice presidents and directors of sales and marketing.
How You Will Benefit:
- Understand what drives executive buying decisions
- Acquire the confidence and skills to sell effectively to senior managers
- Penetrate gatekeepers and other obstacles to secure appointments with high-level managers
- Tailor and deliver presentations to achieve executive buy-in
- Build trust and credibility at the highest levels of your customer’s organization
- Close sales faster by gaining access to the top decision makers
- Guarantee repeat business through strong high-level relationships
What You Will Cover:
- The role of the executive buyer
- Requirements for successfully selling to senior executives
- Developing and implementing account strategies and plans
- Understanding and managing complex selling cycles involving key decision makers
- Preparing to meet with senior executives
- Delivering an effective sales presentation
- Closing on your objective and moving the sales process to the next step
- Leveraging your relationships with senior management for ongoing success
Extended/Detailed Seminar Outline
Understanding the Requirements to Sell to Senior Executives
- Acquire the Confidence and Skills to Sell Effectively to Senior Managers
- Understand What Drives Executive Buying Decisions
- Penetrate Gatekeepers and Other Obstacles to Secure Appointments With High-level Managers
- Tailor and Deliver Presentations to Achieve Executive Buy-in
- Build Trust and Credibility At the Highest Levels of Your Customer’s Organization
- Close Sales Faster By Gaining Access to the Top Decision Makers
- Guarantee Repeat Business Through Strong High-level Relationships
Pre-contact Preparations: Doing Your Homework
- Define the Benefits of Selling to the Highest Levels of an Organization
- Clarify the Issues and Processes Governing Executive Level Decision Making
- Understand the Roles and Responsibilities of Senior Management
- Understand Your Own Behavioral and Communications Style
- Identify the Most Common Behavioral Styles for Senior Executives
- Adapt Your Own Selling Approach and Behavioral Style to Maximize Your Selling Effectiveness with Senior Executives
Developing a Game Plan
- Clarify Your Own Company’s Capabilities, Resources, and Vision and Utilize This Information to Develop "Solutions" for Senior Executives
- Identify Information You Need to Know about Your Prospects' Companies in Order to Sell to the People at the Highest Levels of Their Organizations
- Continuously Identify Opportunities by Monitoring Your Competitors and Key Industry and Market Trends
- Align Your Company’s Products or Services with Your Customer’s Mission, Goals, and Objectives for Mutually Beneficial Outcomes
Getting the Initial Appointment
- Assess Potential with Existing and Prospective Accounts
- Determine Which Accounts Offer the Greatest Payoff for Involving Senior Executives
- Identify the Highest-Level Decision Maker in Your Customers' or Prospects' Organizations
- Ascertain the Roles and Responsibilities for Everyone Involved in the Buying Process
- Plan When and How to Include Senior Executives in Your Selling Paradigm
Discovery: Your First Meeting with the Senior Executive Customer
- Select the Most Successful Approach for Contacting Senior Executive Customers or Prospects
- Penetrate Gatekeepers and Other Obstacles
- Secure a 30-Minute, Face-to-Face Meeting with a Senior Executive Customer or Prospect
- Make a Positive First Impression Utilizing a Powerful Opening Statement
Aligning Your Presentation with Your Customer’s Goals
- Gather the Information You Need to Identify and Prioritize Viable Opportunities to Pursue
- Understand the Nuances of Handling the Discovery Process with a C-level Executive
- Validate Your Research Findings with Your Senior Executive Customer or Prospect
- Professionalize Your Approach for Selling to Senior Executives
Closing on Your Objective and Forwarding the Sales Cycle
- Align Your Presentation with a Senior Executive’s Goals and Objectives
- Present "Value" versus "Features and Benefits" in Your Sales Presentation
- Develop and Present Powerful Statements That Convey the Value You, Your Company, and Your Offering Can Provide
- Adapt Your Presentation Style to Communicate More Effectively with a Senior Executive Customer
Building a Productive, Long-term Partnership
- Understand and Manage Complex Selling Cycles Involving C-level Decision Makers
- Continuously Build Momentum to Forward the Sales Cycle
- Overcome the Most Common Objections from Senior Executives
- Leverage Your Relationship to Maximize Account Penetration and Obtain High-level Referrals
- Competitor-proof Your Accounts
- Avoid Relationship-ending Mistakes
- Build and Maintain Long-term, Mutually Beneficial Relationships
- Develop and Implement an Action Plan to Continually Increase Your Value to Your Customers' Organizations
Start and End times: first day - 8:30am-5pm, all other days 9am-5pm unless otherwise specified. Your registration confirmation notice will confirm the hotel/conference center for the seminar for which you registered. The information included on this page is all the information available on this seminar. Please use form below to register only. To request information that is not included above please send an email to
. Remember to specify the complete seminar number about which you are requesting information.
For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Online Registration & Fee Information ** Please use form below to register only. To request information that is not included above please send an email to
. Remember to specify the complete seminar number about which you are requesting information.
After submitting your online registration you will receive registration confirmation and invoice within 7-10 business days. You may pay by credit card or check. Confirmation information will also include location and other pertinent course information.
Always state priority code XNBB to your customer service representative when registering directly by phone.
Note: Prices are subject to change without notice. To confirm the price of your session, select the session above and click “Send”. Discounts apply for groups of three or more people. Call for details. Federal government employees are eligible for special GSA pricing for many seminars.
AMA's main conference centers
Seminars scheduled for the cities below are held at the locations listed below. For location information for other cities in which AMA seminars are held please call or email for information.
AMA executive Conference Center
1601 Broadway New York, NY 10019
American Management Association (Located in the same building as the Crowne Plaza Hotel) 1601 Broadway On Broadway and 48th Street near Times Square. Entrance is on 48th Street.
AMA executive Conference Center (adjacent to the Marroitt O'Hare)
8655 west higgins rd
Chicago, IL 60631
AMA executive Conference Center is located in San Francisco Marriott Hotel
55 Fourth Street 2nd Level
San Francisco, CA 94103
AMA Executive Conference Center
Address: 1170 Peachtree Street Ne Cnr Peachtree & 14th (3rd Flr)
City, State, Zip: Atlanta, GA 30309
2345 Crystal Drive, Suite 200
Arlington, VA 22202
If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a seminar you can contact AMA in advance to transfer to a future session, or you can send someone to take your place. If you need to cancel your attendance, AMA will give you a complete refund if you cancel more than three weeks before your seminar begins. To cancel, simply email us at
. If you cancel with less than three weeks’ advance notice, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee. Once your payment has been received, you may request a courtesy transfer to use at any future AMA seminar of equal or lesser length. The courtesy transfer must be used within one year of the date of your originally scheduled seminar. In fairness to all attendees, if you do not attend a seminar session for which you are confirmed and do not contact AMA to cancel in advance, you will be charged the entire seminar fee.
AMA grants courtesy transfers to people who cannot attend their scheduled sessions. You can use a courtesy transfer for any seminar of equal or lesser length than the original seminar. You must use your courtesy transfer within one year of the date of your originally scheduled seminar.
AMA guarantees the quality of our seminars. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a seminar for which you have paid, AMA will give you credit toward another seminar of comparable price or will refund your fee.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.