American Management Association Seminars
Select date/location & complete form below. Then, click on 'Send'
How To Design A Web-Based Training Course
Seminar No: 08511 -XNBB
CEU Credits: 1.2
Length: 2 days
Flexibility, Accessibility, Convenience- Effective solution to meet the needs of today's workforce!
Adapt the latest learning strategies to Web technology for optimum online education! Work with the pros and study the tools, creative design approaches and cutting-edge instructional strategies to deliver effective "Just-in-Time" training that gets more out of your training dollars.
Managers and supervisors of training, trainers, instructional designers, graphics professionals and anyone who's interested in Web-based design or training materials.
How You Will Benefit:
- Address the true business needs to get the largest learning gain at the least cost
- Map out an effective learning strategy that includes the appropriate mix of delivery options
- Maintain quality assurance throughout the development process
- Successfully demonstrate the savings and ROI when using the Web to deliver training
- Understand the implications and potential for resistance to WBT during the implementation phase
What You Will Cover:
- The different types of WBT and their advantages and disadvantages
- Tools to match the learners' needs to training methods
- The components and characteristics of well-designed WBT
- Steps to plan, analyze, select, design and develop WBT
- Process to identify appropriate content design principles, target population attributes, and hardware/software variables
- How to set up the elements of a navigation system for WBT and create project blueprints
- Identify the basic hardware and software requirements to produce and deliver WBT intervention
- Conduct basic cost analysis and apply different methods for calculating ROI
- The necessary steps to draft a high-level design document for WBT
People who took this seminar were also interested in:
Other HR Seminars
Instructional Design for Trainers
Training the Trainer
Other Seminars to Improve Your Skills
Improving Your Project Management Skills
Basic Budgeting for Non-financial Managers
Getting Results Without Authority
Strategies for Developing Effective Presentation Skills
The Effective Facilitator
Leading Virtual and Remote Teams
Management Skills for New Managers
Extended/Detailed Seminar Outline
Advantages and Disadvantages of Distance Learning
- Sift through the Facts, Myths, and Misunderstandings Surrounding This New Learning Technology
- Learn How to Think "Virtual"
- Understand Web Design Basics in Only Two Days
- Make Informed Decisions about the Type of Technology to Use in Your Course Content
- Gain Easy-to-Use Tools and Practical Skills
- Understand the Latest Research on Web-based Training
The Role of WEB within Your Overall Training Strategy
- Define Distance Learning and Its Different Types
- Recognize the Advantages and Disadvantages of Different Types of Distance Learning
Components and Characteristics of Well-designed WBT
- Define the Training Strategy of Your Organization
- Identify Training Which Is Best to Deliver via the Web
Defining the WBT Team Roles and Responsibilities
- Define and Identify Uses for Informational Design and Instructional Design
- Organize Data Elements That Can Be Manipulated for Various Learning Situations
- Identify the Characteristics of Well-designed vs. Poorly-designed WBT
The Process for Developing WBT and How It Differs from Developing Traditional Classroom Training
- Identify Core Skills Needed on the WBT Team
- Describe the Basic Functions of Team Members
- Assess Your Own Department’s Strengths/Weaknesses
Message Design Principles
- Identify Core Process Check Points
- Describe the Overall WBT Process Flow
- Recognize Differences between WBT and Classroom Training
Elements of a Navigation System
- Identify Appropriate Content Design Principles, Target Population Attributes, and Hardware/Software Variables for a Web-based Training Module
- Recognize Factors to Improve the Organization of a Web-based Training Outline
- Improve the Design of Web-based Training to flow More Smoothly from Section to Section
Creating Project Blueprints
- Identify WBT Elements
- Describe the Use of the Elements
- Recognize the Different Applications of the Elements
- Draft a High-Level Design Document for a Web-based Training Course
- Identify the Flow of a WBT Course at Both the Overview and Decision Levels
- Storyboard the contents of a Module
- Plan the Scripting Process of a Module
Hardware and Software Requirements
- Draft a High-Level Design Document for One Module of a Web-based Course
- Identify the Flow of One Module in a WBT Course at the Overview (30,000 Feet) and Decision (and Help) Levels
- Storyboard the Contents (with Directions as Needed) for One Screen
- Explain How the Module Works to Another Student
- Identify Basic Hardware and Software Requirements
- Explore Common Authoring Tools
- Identify the Elements of Cost Which Go into a Course
- Calculate the Return on Investment for Converting a Course to Web-based Delivery
- Draft a High-Level Design Document for One Module in Your Own Web-based Training Course
- Identify the Flow of Your One Module in Your Own WBT Course at Both the Overview (30,000 Feet) and Decision (and Help) Levels
- Storyboard the Contents (and Directions, as Needed) for at Least One Screen in Your Own Module
- Explain to Another How the Module Works
Start and End times: first day - 8:30am-5pm, all other days 9am-5pm unless otherwise specified. Your registration confirmation notice will confirm the hotel/conference center for the seminar for which you registered. The information included on this page is all the information available on this seminar. Please use form below to register only. To request information that is not included above please send an email to
. Remember to specify the complete seminar number about which you are requesting information.
For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Online Registration & Fee Information ** Please use form below to register only. To request information that is not included above please send an email to
. Remember to specify the complete seminar number about which you are requesting information.
After submitting your online registration you will receive registration confirmation and invoice within 7-10 business days. You may pay by credit card or check. Confirmation information will also include location and other pertinent course information.
Always state priority code XNBB to your customer service representative when registering directly by phone.
Note: Prices are subject to change without notice. To confirm the price of your session, select the session above and click “Send”. Discounts apply for groups of three or more people. Call for details. Federal government employees are eligible for special GSA pricing for many seminars.
AMA's main conference centers
Seminars scheduled for the cities below are held at the locations listed below. For location information for other cities in which AMA seminars are held please call or email for information.
AMA executive Conference Center
1601 Broadway New York, NY 10019
American Management Association (Located in the same building as the Crowne Plaza Hotel) 1601 Broadway On Broadway and 48th Street near Times Square. Entrance is on 48th Street.
AMA executive Conference Center (adjacent to the Marroitt O'Hare)
8655 west higgins rd
Chicago, IL 60631
AMA executive Conference Center is located in San Francisco Marriott Hotel
55 Fourth Street 2nd Level
San Francisco, CA 94103
AMA Executive Conference Center
Address: 1170 Peachtree Street Ne Cnr Peachtree & 14th (3rd Flr)
City, State, Zip: Atlanta, GA 30309
2345 Crystal Drive, Suite 200
Arlington, VA 22202
If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a seminar you can contact AMA in advance to transfer to a future session, or you can send someone to take your place. If you need to cancel your attendance, AMA will give you a complete refund if you cancel more than three weeks before your seminar begins. To cancel, simply email us at
. If you cancel with less than three weeks’ advance notice, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee. Once your payment has been received, you may request a courtesy transfer to use at any future AMA seminar of equal or lesser length. The courtesy transfer must be used within one year of the date of your originally scheduled seminar. In fairness to all attendees, if you do not attend a seminar session for which you are confirmed and do not contact AMA to cancel in advance, you will be charged the entire seminar fee.
AMA grants courtesy transfers to people who cannot attend their scheduled sessions. You can use a courtesy transfer for any seminar of equal or lesser length than the original seminar. You must use your courtesy transfer within one year of the date of your originally scheduled seminar.
AMA guarantees the quality of our seminars. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a seminar for which you have paid, AMA will give you credit toward another seminar of comparable price or will refund your fee.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.