American Management Association Seminars
Select date/location & complete form below. Then, click on 'Send'
Kirkpatrick's Four Levels: Increasing Training Effectiveness Through Evaluation
Seminar No: 08532-XNBB
CEU Credits: 1.8
Length: 3 days
Achieve measurable improvements in training results within your organization with these proven techniques!
This highly focused seminar provides practical help in implementing the four levels of evaluation. You’ll also see how to bring the Business Partnership Model to life in your company—so that learning and development professionals partner with all stakeholders. Here is training that will put you on track to producing the training-inspired, strategy-aligned behavioral changes your organization needs to execute its organizational strategies!
How You Will Benefit
What You Will Cover
- Get a working knowledge of the four levels of evaluation
- Learn key principles for conducting effective training
- Demonstrate the value of your training program effectively
- Apply a toolkit of evaluation methods for each of the four levels: Reaction; Learning; Behavior; Results
- Get managers and stakeholders working together to leverage training success
- Build a chain of evidence that clearly demonstrates training’s contribution to the bottom line
Who Should Attend
- Aligning your training with your organization’s strategy
- Leveraging business relationships
- Determining stakeholder expectations and getting buy-in throughout your organization
- Overview of Kirkpatrick’s four levels of training evaluation
- The Kirkpatrick Tool Kit: sample models and evaluation techniques
- Demonstrating a process and conducting a focus group during the program
- Building a chain of evidence to demonstrate value
Trainers, instructors, instructional designers, curriculum designers/instructors, learning and development professionals/leaders, training directors, senior learning leaders, learning/business liaisons, program evaluators, educators, consultants, independent contractors, HR directors/managers/supervisors and HR generalists.
Extras from AMA
Each participant at this seminar will receive a complimentary copy of the newly-published book, Implementing the Four Levels—A Practical Guide for Effective Evaluation of Training Programs, by Donald L. Kirkpatrick and James D. Kirkpatrick.
Extended Seminar Description
Evaluation Challenges and Opportunities
- Establish a Shared Set of Expectations with Business Leaders of Goals, Roles, and Desired Outcomes
- Build a Business Case for How Learning and Development Initiatives Can Contribute to the Fulfillment of Targeted Business Goals
- Build and Present a Compelling Chain of Evidence to Clearly Demonstrate Learning and Development’s Contribution to Bottom-Line Results
- Implement the Four Levels to Enhance the Effectiveness of Learning and Development
- Use the Comprehensive "Kirkpatrick Toolkit" to Effectively Evaluate Any Course or Program
Creating and Evaluating Value
- Recall Organizational Issues Related to Evaluation
- Identify Evaluation Challenges
- State Expectations About This Seminar
- Review Key Principles of Evaluation
- Define the Four Levels of Evaluation
- Explain the Origins and Philosophies of the Four Levels of Evaluation
Planning Your Business Partnership
- Recognize the Importance of Creating Value Through Effective Learning and Development Programs
- Review the Concepts Associated with ADDIE
- Position the Components of ADDIE with the Four Levels of Evaluation
- Use ADDIE Components to Build Knowledge of Program Intent and Objectives
- Recognize the Elements of the Business Partnership Model in a Presentation to Stakeholders
- Identify the Four Levels of Evaluation in a Business Presentation
- Differentiate Between Types of Objectives in a Given Scenario
- Determine Information Needed to Implement the Business Partnership Model
- Examine Training Requests/Challenges for Outcome-Behavior-Learning-Environment Components
- Consider Requests That Cannot Be Resolved with Training Alone
- Specify Business Needs Associated with a Learning and Development Project/Program
- Critique Learning and Development Challenges to Determine Associated Business Needs and Expectations
- Identify Areas for Further Exploration with Stakeholders Regarding Business Needs and Expectations
- Develop Responses to Statements and Questions That Will Help Build a Business Case and a Business Partnership
- Recognize Needs That May NOT Be Solved By Training
- Recognize Activities Associated with the Four Levels of Evaluation
- Use a Level Brief to Check Knowledge of Each of the Four Levels of Evaluation
- Consider Methods for Each Level of Evaluation
Creating and Presenting a Chain of Evidence
- Explain How Measurement Correlates to Achieving Business Outcomes
- Recognize the Need for Effectively Gathering and Evaluating Data and Information
- Recognize the Three Purposes of Evaluation in a Given Scenario
- Consider Key Points Associated with Different Evaluation Purposes
- Describe the Various Evaluation Techniques and How They Are Used at Each Level
- Use Sample Evaluations to Assist in Future Learning and Development Efforts
Start and End times: first day - 8:30am-5pm, all other days 9am-5pm unless otherwise specified. Your registration confirmation notice will confirm the hotel/conference center for the seminar for which you registered. The information included on this page is all the information available on this seminar. Please use form below to register only. To request information that is not included above please send an email to
. Remember to specify the complete seminar number about which you are requesting information.
- Determine the Most Effective Evaluation Techniques for a Given Learning and Development Initiative
- Respond to Stakeholder Questions Related to Levels 2, 3, and 4
- Anticipate Questions About a Chain of Evidence That Shows the Value of Training
- Follow a Model for Presenting a Chain of Evidence to Stakeholders
- Assess Communication and Consulting Skills Needed to Be an Effective Evaluator
- Initiate a Development Plan
- Plan a Presentation Using a Sample Template
- Check Knowledge of Seminar Content
- Determine Needs for Follow-Up Information
For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Online Registration & Fee Information ** Please use form below to register only. To request information that is not included above please send an email to
. Remember to specify the complete seminar number about which you are requesting information.
After submitting your online registration you will receive registration confirmation and invoice within 7-10 business days. You may pay by credit card or check. Confirmation information will also include location and other pertinent course information.
Always state priority code XNBB to your customer service representative when registering directly by phone.
Note: Prices are subject to change without notice. To confirm the price of your session, select the session above and click “Send”. Discounts apply for groups of three or more people. Call for details. Federal government employees are eligible for special GSA pricing for many seminars.
AMA's main conference centers
Seminars scheduled for the cities below are held at the locations listed below. For location information for other cities in which AMA seminars are held please call or email for information.
AMA executive Conference Center
1601 Broadway New York, NY 10019
American Management Association (Located in the same building as the Crowne Plaza Hotel) 1601 Broadway On Broadway and 48th Street near Times Square. Entrance is on 48th Street.
AMA executive Conference Center (adjacent to the Marroitt O'Hare)
8655 west higgins rd
Chicago, IL 60631
AMA executive Conference Center is located in San Francisco Marriott Hotel
55 Fourth Street 2nd Level
San Francisco, CA 94103
AMA Executive Conference Center
Address: 1170 Peachtree Street Ne Cnr Peachtree & 14th (3rd Flr)
City, State, Zip: Atlanta, GA 30309
2345 Crystal Drive, Suite 200
Arlington, VA 22202
If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a seminar you can contact AMA in advance to transfer to a future session, or you can send someone to take your place. If you need to cancel your attendance, AMA will give you a complete refund if you cancel more than three weeks before your seminar begins. To cancel, simply email us at
. If you cancel with less than three weeks’ advance notice, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee. Once your payment has been received, you may request a courtesy transfer to use at any future AMA seminar of equal or lesser length. The courtesy transfer must be used within one year of the date of your originally scheduled seminar. In fairness to all attendees, if you do not attend a seminar session for which you are confirmed and do not contact AMA to cancel in advance, you will be charged the entire seminar fee.
AMA grants courtesy transfers to people who cannot attend their scheduled sessions. You can use a courtesy transfer for any seminar of equal or lesser length than the original seminar. You must use your courtesy transfer within one year of the date of your originally scheduled seminar.
AMA guarantees the quality of our seminars. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a seminar for which you have paid, AMA will give you credit toward another seminar of comparable price or will refund your fee.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.